Mega Truck Monday: It’s a drug, mudding is drug for so many folks we talk to, including Bobby Isbell. It appears there is literally no high that touches the high you get when you are behind the wheel of your truck and driving through the mud.
“It’s just been in my blood for as long as I can remember,” said Isbell. “I remember riding my bike when I was a kid and couldn’t stay out of the mud. I have had multiple 4 wheelers and trucks/jeeps and they just keep getting bigger and better. It’s definitely an addiction!”
- Owner/Driver/Where From: Bobby Isbell/Whitney Isbell co-pilot, Burleson, Texas
- Years Owned: 3-4
- Truck Model: base truck is a 2004 1500 SRT-10 Ram
- Engine: 8.3 litre 505 cubic inch all aluminum supercharged v-10 Viper
- Tires/Lift: 30.5 32 R2 Pirellis
- Awards/Competitions Won: eh a few but nothing important
- Favorite Mud Parks/Events: Of course the best park in Texas, Rednecks with Paychecks Offroad Park, I also enjoy River Run in Jacksonville, Tx., Texoma Mud Park, and Colfax, La. Anywhere we can go and enjoy this sport is always a good time
- Facebook Page: Megatron – CLICK HERE
- Instagram: @megatronmudtruck
Isbell admits he is an adrenaline junky and loves everything outdoors, hunting , fishing and camping. “Anyway I can get outside I try and make it happen,” he said.
The couple that plays together stays together right? Isbell is married to his beautiful wife Whitney and has 4 kids.
“Its a struggle getting to drive my truck when Whitney is around because she loves it as much as I do,” said Isbell. “I don’t take the kids to any big events, I don’t want them to get hurt because of all the people but they love going to the smaller low key parks and events. I try to involve them as much as possible.”
WD: If you could get behind the wheel of any other truck which would it be?
Isbell: To get behind the wheel of Liva Killa would be fun, riding wheelies…nuff said
WD: A favorite truck besides your own?
Isbell: It would be Ryan Dyllas Stepside Chevy, It’s a clean truck and identical to the very first truck I owned.
WD: What keeps you in the game?
Isbell: I just love meeting all the good people at the events and parks, I’m just a normal guy trying to have a good time and like I said, its addicting!
WD: Do you have any rituals or habits prior to a race day?
Isbell: No, but when you get done running and your hands are shaking you know you still got the fever!
WD: If you could vacation anywhere in the world where would you go?
Isbell: I’d like to visit Thailand
Check out Megatron!
Big Thanks to Triple XXX for the Photos and Video used in this post!