Each week we pick a Bad A$$ to represent the big truck community. This week our pick comes again from South Carolina. Those folks are a special breed of mud junkies! Mat Poynter takes the spot in his one of a kind mud truck.
“The truck has a complete one off paint job,” he said. “Most people say she’s just a trailer queen and when I tell em what I do, they think I’m joking.”
- Truck Name: Heavy Foot’n
- Owner/Driver/Where From: Mat Poynter, Moncks Corner, SC
- Years Owned: 3 +
- Truck Model: It’s a complete one of a kind truck chassis, a 85 k5 frame shortened to fit a 1995 ext cab s10 an a 4 door s-10 BED
- Engine: 388 stroker small block Chevy engine roughly making 600 hp
- Tires/Lift: Traction 8.3×24 and my 44 19.5 Boggers. I bought a set of tractor tires couple weeks ago and it’s got a new strong 388 striker sbc
- Awards/Competitions Won: I’ve won several race events all over SC and taken home a couple of 1st places at car shows
- Favorite Mud Parks/Events: My favorite place to play in the mud is in Florida
- Facebook Page/Twitter Link if Available: Heavy Foot’n Mud Truck
Poynter is married and when he is not spending time working on the truck he loves to spend time with his wife and son.
We asked Poynter to pick a favorite truck besides his own and he said he couldn’t because he loves them all.
“I’ve been addicted to mud bogging since I got my first ATV,” he said. “I love everything about our sport and would like nothing more then for it to keep growing.”
You can follow Poynter and his truck on the Heavy Foot’n facebook page, where you might run across some good clean, fun trash talking between the 1 tons.
“But at the end of the day we are all out to help each other like a family,” he said.