But who the heck is Cap Bailey anyway? Cap is a homegrown musician from Hot Springs, Arkansas with a voice that speaks to those who find comfort on the backroads of America. With his recent EP release of Summertime Sunset, Cap pushes the envelope with his unique beats and country rap sound.
Instead of breaking apart and criticizing each of the 5 songs on the new EP, we decided it might be more fun to get to know a little more about this up and coming artist. Besides, we are already big Cap Bailey fans anyway.
So who’s Cap Bailey??? Apparently, a huge Sturgill Simpson fan, but there’s more and he tells us here…
1. Who are your musical influences?
That’s a hard one. I listen to so many different artists doing so many different genres of music. I’m big on 70’s rock.. Mott The Hoople, Thin Lizzy, Skynyrd.. I also like a lot of mid 2000’s music.. Incubus, Lil Wayne (pre carter4), Brand New.. As far as country music goes, I’m a big fan of the outlaws (Waylon, Cash, Willy Nelson). New country just doesn’t do it for me though.
2. How long have you been making music?
I’ve been making music for 5 years.
3. What sets you a part from others in the Top 40 today?
They’re making a ton of money and I’m not. Also, none of them are rapping about life in the country.
4. Where are you from and what was life like growing up in that area?
I’m from Hot Springs, Arkansas. It’s a 35,000 population city but it’s surrounded by woods. We could hit the bars in the city and ride out to the back roads in the country. We really got the best of both worlds doing that.
5. If you could have a beer with any one person alive or passed, who would it be and why?
Iron man. I’d borrow his suit and blow shit up.
6. If you could go on tour with any one artist, who would it be?
7. If we opened your playlist, what would the top 5 most played songs be?
- Just Let Go by Sturgill Simpson
- Hallelujah by Ryan Bingham
- Remembering Sunday by All Time Low
- Outlaw Women by Hank Jr
- Black Sheep 2 is on the way by Caskey
8. What is your favorite meal to eat or cook?
Steak with mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese, and some sriracha. Can’t beat it.
9. What is your idea of a perfect date?
Hmmm… Shooting range, a ride on the dirt bikes, I’d cook something, then we’d hit up Netflix. I’m easy.
10. If you could collaborate on a song with any artist/writer alive or passed who would it be?
Sturgill Simpson. I think we could come up with something special.
HOW BOUT A LITTLE CAP?
Now that you know a little about Mr Bailey, you can check out his newest music video for “Summertime Sunset,” the title track of his new EP.
Still interested? Here is a sexier side of Cap with “Say My Name” also on the new EP
Annnnnd…. some of the older stuff. “Dip and Brews” off the Muddigger 5 album.
And throwing it even further back with “Country Days”
Follow Cap Bailey on
- Facebook: Cap Bailey
- Instagram: @CapBailey
- Twitter: @CapBailey